Pearl Oyster Sawdust Spawn can be used to inoculate a wide variety of materials:
- Cereal Straw (chopped and pasteurised or whole bails of straw), and straw pellets which are highly recommended
- Hardwood logs, trunk sections, and stumps
- Hardwood wood-chip and sawdust
- Spent Coffee Grounds
- Compost heaps
Pearl Oysters mycelium is very strong, agressive and fast growing. It has the ability to overcome competitor organisms, like green mold, and is highly recommended for growing using waste coffee grounds where competition from mold populations can be a problem for other types of oyster mushroom. It is also very good at accelerating decomposition in compost heaps where it gets to work on twigs, branches and leaves and any other material conataining lignin and cellulose.
- Yield: 250-300g per kg over 3 flushes
- Fruting Temperature: 10- 20 deg.C.
- Availability: all year
- Documentation: growth parameters for logs and stumps