White Oyster mushroom is a variety of tree oyster mushroom (pleutus ostreatus var. florida) that grows in beautiful clusters of creamy white, almost flower like mushrooms. They have a subtle sweet taste and a substantial meaty texture. Tear into strips and sauté with red onions to make a side-dish accompaniment. Or better, incorporate the sautéed mushroom and red onion mixture into a spiced Indian style omlette for an amazing gourmet mushroom breakfast.
A very easy mushroom to grow indoors and outdoors on account of it’s wide fruiting temperature. White Oyster Sawdust Spawn can be used to inoculate a wide variety of materials:
- Cereal Straw, chopped and pasteurised or whole bails of straw
- Hardwood logs, trunk sections, and stumps
- Hardwood wood-chip and sawdust
- Spent Coffee Grounds
- Compost heaps
- Yield: 250-300g per kg over 3 flushes
- Fruting Temperature: 10- 24 deg.C.
- Availability: all year
- Documentation: growth parameters for logs and stumps