Grey Oyster Sawdust Spawn can be used to inoculate a wide variety of materials:
- Cereal Straw, chopped and pasteurised or whole bails of straw
- Hardwood logs, trunk sections, and stumps
- Hardwood wood-chip and sawdust
- Spent Coffee Grounds
- Compost heaps
Our Grey Oyster is not your usual Grey Oyster. Depending on the temperature it can exhibit 2 different colours: in warmer temperatures (18 deg.C. and above) brown tones dominate maturing to a lovely light mocha colour, whilst in cooler temperatures blue tones dominate maturing to a beautiful silver-grey. The primordia start out almost black, and then slowly lighten as they grow which is a fascinating process to observe.
- Yield: 250-300g per kg over 3 flushes
- Fruting Temperature: 10- 21 deg.C.
- Availability: all year
- Documentation: growth parameters for logs and stumps